Barack, I feel as if I should start with Mr. President, but at the moment i'm feeling as if you could use a reminder that you're not disconnected from the public. You're absolutely not. I'm a 23 year old, actor, survival job working, just graduated student with over 140K in federal and private loan debt just for my undergraduate studies in Theatre. Of all things, my Theatre degree. However, studying an age-old tried and true form of communication has opened my eyes to the inability of our Bipartisan Government to create any semblance of forward progress. Yes, the republicans want to believe its the democrats holding them back, and the democrats believe just the same about the republicans...but how can we so easily call our government Bipartisan? Already we have ignored and rejected the independents, the environmentalists, all the other parties and groups of people with their own agenda for possibility and progress. How do we do that? Allowing for this stagnant debate between something so black and white is just killing me. You're not at fault, we are. We the people of this the United States are refusing to be THE people, instead we're all trying to be THE person. I'm sorry you've been openly criticized and publically mocked. You are a symbol of unity that this country needs, and in large part the reason you're standing in the office. This and many other reasons of course, you're a genuine man, a man of intelligence, self-respect, and dignity. But the people need you to be the tie that binds, the artist that takes black and white and paints a beautiful grey. I have many requests I would personally like to make to you and your administration, but a federally funded gov't supported theatre? Tax dollars going back to Americans in the ARTS?!? Nonsense. Right now i'm not asking for any personal favors, i'm asking that you raise your head once again and remember that you're OUR president. The ONE singular tie that binds our country. House and Senate make decisions, but will never be THE face of unity. You are that face, please rise above the hypocrisy and criticism, please get back on that horse, grab your palette and paint this country with the most beautiful grey the world has ever seen. We can and will follow where you go, you just have to believe there is a destination.
With as much respect and support as I own to give.
Phil Crumrine
Wednesday, November 3, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment